Easter Breakfast Idea: Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure for more information.
It’s no secret that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! And one of the things I love to make is baked oatmeal. Lately, I’ve been in love with this carrot cake baked oatmeal!
With spring on it’s way, and Easter coming fast towards us, I have been excited to make some new spring inspired breakfasts. And carrot cake baked oatmeal is a fantastic breakfast for Easter, or spring in general!
I love this oatmeal, because it feels decadent enough for a special occasion, but it’s easy enough to make ahead for regular weekday breakfasts. There is a cream cheese swirl and pecans decorating the top. Both of these are optional of course, if you want a lighter breakfast, but I highly recommend them, especially for a special Easter breakfast!
You know I’m all about cream cheese frosting, and the swirl in this oatmeal is just the touch of cream cheese sweetness, like you would get in a carrot cake. The pecans give the baked oatmeal a great texture, too.
Inside this carrot cake baked oatmeal, I incorporated shredded carrots and crushed pineapple. You can also add raisins, if you like those, but I’m not a fan so I left them out.
Carrot cake baked oatmeal is pretty easy to make, even if you’re doing the cream cheese swirl. It took me about 15 or so minutes to prepare and get into the oven. I used the same bowl that I mixed the oatmeal ingredients in to make the cream cheese swirl, so it’s even less clean up too!
Plus, you can definitely make this baked oatmeal ahead of time, and serve it warmed up or cold! We frequently do this for weekday breakfasts. It will have 4-8 servings…4 large wedges, as seen in my photos, or 8 smaller servings.
I personally eat a large wedge for breakfast!
what you need to make this carrot cake baked oatmeal:
- 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan
- non-stick spray
- mixing bowl
- mixing spoon
- baking powder
- almond milk (or your preferred milk)
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- canned crushed pineapple
- shredded carrots*
- cream cheese
- chopped pecans
*For the shredded carrots, I recommend the thinner shred, not the matchstick. The matchstick will work perfectly fine however if that’s all you can find, they will just be thicker.
Just look at that carrot cake baked oatmeal! Did you ever think oatmeal could be so pretty? This is definitely one of my favorite baked oatmeal’s I’ve ever had! It’s packed with carrot and pineapple and cream cheese, and makes a great Easter or spring breakfast. I’ve even had it for dessert a couple nights lately! Yum!
If you make it, tag me on social media or let me know in the comments! Would love to know how it turned out!
Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup almond or regular milk
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple drained
- 2 cups shredded carrots I like the thin shred best, but matchstick will work if that's all you can find
Optional Cream Cheese Swirl:
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup chopped pecans for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients except the carrots, cream cheese swirl, and pecans together in a bowl. Then add carrots and mix them in. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan. It will be thick, just pat it down with your mixing spoon to fit the pan.
- If you want the cream cheese swirl: Cream together the cream cheese and maple syrup until smooth. Drop dollops of the cream cheese mixture on top of the oatmeal in the pan and use a knife or spoon to swirl it throughout the top. Since the oatmeal mixture is thick, just do your best to swirl the cream cheese in the top and don’t worry if it disturbs the oatmeal a little bit- just pat it back down.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the top of the cream cheese/oatmeal. Gently pat them down a bit to stick to the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until the edges are golden brown and set.
- Let cool a few minutes before slicing. Can be eaten right away or stored in the fridge for up to five days.
You may also like:
–Easter Basket Ideas for Kids: 20+ Great Easter Basket Fillers
–Spring Home Decor DIY: Upcycle Old Vases with Paint
This looks amazing Sarah! I have oatmeal pretty much every morning and I often bake oatmeal cookies as well, so love oats! I’ve never thought of combining carrot cake and oats, even though carrot cake is one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing and I pinned this for later!
Thank you! I hope you love it! It’s definitely one of my favorite breakfasts and feels really decadent with the cream cheese!
all that spices makes the smell so delicious, great breakfast to enjoy!
Yes, the spices always smell so good!
I may have to try this! Looks absolutely delicious 😍