This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure for more information.
These pumpkin French toast cups make a perfect make-ahead breakfast for the upcoming holidays!
Pumpkin. French. Toast. Need I say more?
Oh, yea. Portable, make-ahead.
Put that all together and you’ve got these pumpkin French toast cups! These French toast cups can be made ahead, making them a great breakfast for busy mornings or holidays.
They are also individual sized, like muffins, so you can take them anywhere you go!
These pumpkin French toast cups are very similar to the regular French toast cups that I have made before. You can find that recipe, here, if you need a refresher.
The main difference, probably obviously, is that these ones have pumpkin in them!
Around this time of year I love anything pumpkin, so it was a no brainer to take my already beloved french toast cups and make them pumpkin flavored!
I like to make these ahead of time, and store them in the fridge. When I am ready to eat, I take two (okay, three!) out and pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm them up. I eat them as is, but they are also great with a drizzle of maple syrup over the top!
Pumpkin French toast cups are slightly chewy on the outside, and like a soft bread pudding on the inside. Yum!
– You can make these gluten-free using a sturdy French bread type of gluten-free bread.
– I used a regular French baguette, but you could also use an equal amount of brioche or challah bread.
– I recommend using bread that is a day or two old if possible. The slight staleness makes it easier to hold together.
– I used unsweetened almond milk, since that is what we keep on hand. But you can use another non-dairy milk or regular milk instead.
What is your favorite Fall flavor? Let me know in the comments! And if you make these Pumpkin French toast cups, I’d love to know what you think!
You may also like:
Pumpkin French Toast Cups
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- 1 regular French baguette, cut into 1 inch cubes *1-2 days old, also see notes for other bread options
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Whisk all the ingredients except for the bread cubes in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss the bread cubes into the liquid mixture and toss to coat well. If it seems a bit liquidy, let it sit for a few minutes to absorb extra liquid.
- Fill the muffin tin cups with the soaked bread cubes. I got about 1/2 a cup of bread cubes in each muffin tin cavity.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes, until the bread cubes are set and the tops are golden brown. Let stand in muffin tin for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- Eat immediately, while they are warm or let cool for storage. Store in an air tight container or bag in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer. Warm in the microwave before serving.Can drizzle maple syrup over the top if desired.