This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read full disclosure for more information.
This individual peach trifle recipe is a lovely summer dessert. With homemade bourbon and mascarpone whipped cream, its a delight to eat but so simple to make!
A fresh peach is one of the best things about summer, don’t you think? I just love peaches and they are so abundant this time of year.
And if you love peaches as much as I do, I know you’ll love my inspired recipe: individual peach trifles. With brown sugar macerated peaches.
And a homemade bourbon and mascarpone whipped cream. Do I need to go on or should I just get to the recipe already so you can get to the eating?
That’s what I thought- okay I’ll hurry up! Read on below to see how to make these delicious peach trifles!
JOIN MY NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE…
four seasonal bucket lists to enjoy your coziest year ever!
Making Individual Peach Trifles
First off, you need to gather your ingredients of course! You’ll need:
4 peaches, chopped into small chunks
2 tbsp brown sugar
About 9 oz. of pound cake (store bought or homemade)
1 cup whipping cream
4 tbsp powdered sugar
1 ½ tbsp bourbon (your favorite brand!)
4 oz. mascarpone
4 tbsp sliced almonds
And that’s it! Pretty simple ingredients. I chose to use store bought pound cake for my trifles, because well, it’s just too hot to bake lately! I wanted a no-bake easy dessert and if you feel the same, feel free to use store bought as well.
The peaches are best if they are ripe of course, so plan ahead a bit for that if you can’t find ripe ones at the store. I recommend using your favorite brand of bourbon, but you can definitely just use whatever you have on hand.
Not too much equipment required here! You’ll need a knife and cutting board to chop the peaches and pound cake, a couple bowls and measuring cups, and a spoon. I recommend a hand mixer for making the whipped cream, or a stand mixer, because it’s so much easier than trying to whip by hand!
Lastly, you need containers to put the peach trifle in. I personally love to use the Ball wide mouth pint canning jars for mine. I just like the size and shape of them, plus they are cheap and easy to keep on hand. But you can really use any similarly size vessels for your trifles.
Once you’ve got all your equipment and your ingredients prepared, it’s pretty straight forward from there. Prep the peaches and the cake cubes, make the bourbon mascarpone whipped cream, and assemble!
For all the specifics, check out the printable recipe for these individual peach trifles down below.
Have you ever had trifle before? What’s your favorite one to make? Let me know in the comments, and if you make this peach trifle, please let me know how it turns out!
I hope you love it as much as we do around here!
Individual Peach Trifle Recipe with Bourbon Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- 4 Pint Jars
- 4 peaches chopped into small chunks
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- About 9 oz of pound cake store bought or homemade
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp bourbon
- 4 oz mascarpone
- 4 tbsp sliced almonds
- Place chopped peaches into a bowl and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Stir to coat the peaches with sugar and then let it sit for ten minutes to macerate the juices.
- Meanwhile, chop the pound cake into approximately half inch cubes and set aside. Keep a couple extra cubes if possible to sprinkle over the finished trifles.
- In a separate bowl, whip the whipping cream with the powdered sugar, bourbon, and mascarpone until thickened and medium peaks form.
- After the peaches have released some juice, you can assemble the trifles in the jars. First, place a layer of pound cake cubes to fill the bottom inch or so of the jar. Place about ⅓ cup of the peaches on top. Then add a layer of the whipped cream, about 3 tablespoons. Repeat the layers. After the second layer of whipped cream, if you have any chopped peaches left you can sprinkle them over the top, along with a few cake crumbs if remaining. Then sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top last.
- Place in the fridge until ready to eat. Enjoy!